Philippine Airlines ranked among Asia-Pacific’s most stylish cabin crew
Chinese airline top flying fashion poll
MANILA, Philippines – As New York, London, Milan and Paris prepare to kick off 2013 Fashion Week this February, travellers across Asia-Pacific have spoken out in their own style survey, with Philippine Airlines coming in the top 10 ranking.
Leading global travel search site Skyscanner asked over 1200 jet-setters from across Asia-Pacific (Australia, New Zealnd, China, India, Indonesia, Philippines, Korea and Singapore) to vote for the cabin crew they thought was most stylish, and topping the list of 20 airlines in the study was Shanghai-based China Eastern who scored 4.15 out of 5 in the poll, wooing flyers with its smart navy blue uniforms teamed with white shirts and red scarves.
Closely following China Eastern was Korea’s Asiana Airlines who came second with 4.14. Virgin Australia, who ordered its staff to undertake lessons in etiquette, posture and language last summer, also have one of the most stylish cabin crew according to travellers scoring 4.03 out of 5 and taking third place in the poll. Air China and China Southern Airlines also completed the Chinese-dominated top five, scoring 4.00 and 3.98 respectively.
Janet Ranola, Skyscanner Philippines Manager and resident fashionista said: “Judging by the results of our survey, travellers clearly have a keen eye on fashion even at 35,000 feet and it’s great to see an airline from the Philippines scoring so highly. International Fashion Week clearly has some competition this month!”
Top 10 Most Stylish Cabin Crew in Asia Pacific
- Philippine Airlines ranked among Asia-Pacific’s most stylish cabin crew
- Uggs? Ugh. NY Fashion Week battles the elements
- Year of Snake sees serpent sales soar in Hong Kong
- Neruda foundation supports exhumation for autopsy
- ‘The hills are alive’–with beautiful views and Filipino voices
- This Valentine, instead of a movie date–why not a play?
- ‘Boeing Boeing’–a high-spirited piece of comic therapy
- ‘Huy,’ Mr. Producer!–What it’s like to do theater down south
- Freebies, vouchers, discounts at Travel Tour Expo
- How to avoid being ‘friend-zoned’